Friday, July 24, 2009

Eternal proof of the Simple Truth

When old van gogh
he lost his ear
I wonder if that awful ringing
cleared up for a day or year
before those old crows
carried him from here

I've fended death off
and have championed the cyclops
to be here, my dear
So won't you lend an ear?

I've given it my all
You see
To no avail
To no reprieve
I'm searching for eternal proof
of the same old simple Truth

And Jesus was a simple soul
who spoke in complex parables
And made his buddies heads explode
And called them sheep and told
them where to go

And there's no balance
there's just poor men in the
desert making do with truth
made up out of sandy soup

I've given it my all, you see
To no avail and no reprieve
I'm milking the eternal proof
From the plain old simple truth

As the amazon of my hairline shall recede
I think of a time when the world was sweet
I'd probably feign, hell well all is ok
And safety leaves me so benign
In the chaos of this Grand Design

I've given it my all
you see
To no avail
To no reprieve
I'm searching for eternal proof
of the same old me and you

You see, to no avail
to no reprieve
Just milking the eternal proof
of the same old simple...
You see, to no avail and no reprieve
We're milking the eternal proof
From the plain old simple...

Something had to happen here
beyond the reach of what we can perceive

2 comments:

DG Beat said...

He's back! The original inspiration, he's back.

grigory-never-get-there said...

Thanks buddy. Don't know what or who the original inspiration could be, but it sounds nice. I want to touch it.